Register To Vote In The Labour Leadership Election!
Unite members can register before 8 August
If you register before noon on 8 August Unite members can vote. Unite is affiliated to the Labour Party you do not to pay any money to do this.
Unite conference recently endorsed Jeremy Corbyns campaign overwhelmingly and our branch has supported Jeremy since he started campaigning to be leader last year. He has consistently supported our policies including an expansion of social housing and members will never forget the support he gave to branch members in the St Mungos strike.
Unite members can apply to be Labour party affiliated supporters and therefore be eligible for a vote in Labour’s leadership elections, but there are criteria for applications to be accepted.
Unite members must:
- Have been a member of the union since 12 January 2016
- Pay the political levy – this will be the case unless the member has opted out. It is a portion of member subscriptions to fund political campaigning by the union.
- Agree to the statement that they support the aims and values of the Labour party and are not a supporter of any other political party and agree for their contact details to be shared with the Labour party.
- Be on the electoral register at the address given to the union and the Labour party.
- Provide a date of birth and email address.
- Apply to be an affiliated supporter before 8 August 2016. To do this, fill in this form